Thursday, October 30, 2008

Haiku by Terry Smith October 22


Haiku by Terry Smith October 22

My unbelief is revealed
When I am alone thinking
About the truth of God’s love
It does not make sense

Love that’s unconditional
It is so hard to believe
In the midst of the chaos
Where can I find God

The struggle is real
Each one of us must travel
Choosing a way

I am called to think
I must remember the past
Reflecting on history
My own and other’s
I will meditate on these
And consider my choices

Much to my surprise
When I think outside the box
I observe new things
I see love that surrounds me
I find comfort in the truth

When I reason from my thoughts
Darkness in my soul destroys
Crushes the hope I long for
My life is broken

Life’s bigger than me
When I look outside the box
Of my own worldview

I have found a way of life
That I practice everyday
The foundation is real love
Coming outside me




My worldview says “no” to love
I’m glad I have a choice
I have decide to live
Love’s the better choice

I’m not in control of you
Nor what goes no around me
I am in control of something
How my mind responds

Lord, I do believe in love
Help me with my unbelief
Of a love higher than me
When I can’t see it

When the suffering comes hard
Blinding though it may be now
I am trained to think things through
Thank God for my mind

My feelings will not rule me
I will not make friends with pain
I am called by a vision
Bigger than my past

No comments: