
Young man with gold teeth
Flashing big smile with cell phone
Sinister beneath
Strange sight to behold
Vigor of youth newly defined
With mouth full of gold
I was then unsure
How to interpret this scene
Devious allure
Thoughts inside of me
Focused on external signs
That we are worthy
Defined by a thing
No one else claims to possess
Uniqueness it brings
How much I am like
This young man I saw that day
My conscience to strike
Though teeth of gold not
I attempt flash my own smile
To show what I’ve got
Shallow and judging
I find my empty heart to be
Spirit keeps nudging
Let me now behold
People through the eyes of Jesus
Give me Heart of gold
Flashing big smile with cell phone
Sinister beneath
Strange sight to behold
Vigor of youth newly defined
With mouth full of gold
I was then unsure
How to interpret this scene
Devious allure
Thoughts inside of me
Focused on external signs
That we are worthy
Defined by a thing
No one else claims to possess
Uniqueness it brings
How much I am like
This young man I saw that day
My conscience to strike
Though teeth of gold not
I attempt flash my own smile
To show what I’ve got
Shallow and judging
I find my empty heart to be
Spirit keeps nudging
Let me now behold
People through the eyes of Jesus
Give me Heart of gold
No comments:
Post a Comment