Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sanctified Strolling at Penuel Ridge

O Lord God who keeps
Persimmons on ridge so steep
Benefits I reap

I hear Your voice now
Providing you will somehow
If I but allow

Snake on the path dead
Venom no longer a dread
Peace inside instead

Turkey on the run
False self exposed now undone
Illusions are none

Acorns on the ground
Cornucopia all around
Manna food profound

Mirrored lake so still
Reflection of soul to fill
Spirit replacing ill

Ripples with soft wind
Divine paintbrush colors blend
Beginning to the end

Closer to God lead
Upon holy ground I tread
Living water fed

Amen.

3 comments:

Steve Puckett said...

Good thoughts, Curtis. I certainly like the picture.

Peace.

Steve Puckett said...

From the retreat, I took a deep reminder that working or playing until you drop is a sure fire way to open your life to temptation. I was touched by this yesterday morning as I read two texts from the life of Jesus and his disciples.

Mark 14:37    Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Simon,” he said to Peter, “are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour? 38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Luke 21:34    “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

Peace.

Curtis D. McClane said...

Steve: Thank you for those thoughtful reflections. It seems that God entered into your world anew and reminded you of those priorities that you already knew. However, just as you suggested, "working or playing until you drop is a sure fire way to open your life to temptation." Keep the faith and your morning embrace with the Father! Grace, mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ. Curtis